Checklist for Nursing
Both nurses and nursing students wear scrubs. Some have the freedom to select a favorite style or color, or to mix and match pieces. Others are required to wear a certain color or type, so don't be surprised if you're given specific requirements for nursing scrubs in Oklahoma City.
Some students ask why they must follow a dress codes or adhere to uniform standards. There are two main reasons.
- Scrubs for nurses help project a professional image that nursing students should mirror since they are nurses in training.
- It's important that hospital staff and patients be able to easily identify students.
There are a number of considerations to keep in mind because all scrubs are not the same. Some of the key points of difference include:
- Pockets - The number of pockets and their functionality are important.
- Length - While the length of a scrub top may affect its aesthetic appearance, there are also practical considerations. A top that is too long can get in your way. One that is too short that you constantly tug down while you're trying to complete a task can be distracting and disruptive.
- Fit - Be sure scrubs fit well, but are comfortable. If they are too tight or too loose, they can hinder performance.
- Color/Print - A wide variety of colors and prints are available. If choices aren't limited by a dress code, the type of nursing may influence choices. For example, nurses in pediatric care tend to choose bright colors or prints with fun characters.
- Price - It's important to weigh price and quality. The lowest price tag isn't always the least expensive or when you consider durability and frequent washings. It's usually best to have a few pair of high quality scrubs rather than a larger number of poor quality scrubs that will have to be replaced much sooner.
- Special Features - Special features, such as antimicrobial scrubs, are available.
In addition to uniform requirements, nurses and nursing students may have additional guidelines for:
Nursing scrubs in Tulsa
- Colognes and perfumes
- Personal grooming
- Display of tattoos or body piercings
are the standard uniform for healthcare professionals. Whether nursing students need to follow strict requirements or have freedom of choice, scrubs are clearly the standard uniform for nursing professionals.